Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Purpose

I've started other blogs in the past, and like most who start them, they drifted off and became nothing. Instead of starting up on of those again, I decided to create this new one. I'm creating this with two intentions. One, of bring daily Bible teachings to those I'm in community with. Second, for that community to keep me accountable for those teachings. To start things off we'll be going through the Book of James. I'll be mainly using the English Standard Version of The Bible, but referencing other translations for perspective. Please feel free to comment with questions, or with things that stood out during the reading. My preferred learning style is through debate. It's not a popular one, but it is effective. We all think that what we believe is right. If we didn't we wouldn't believe it. Through debate we are can see when we are wrong, and there for opening the opportunity to believe what is right. I question the things of God, not to try to prove them wrong, but to show myself where I can believe what is right. So if there is anything that strikes you as wrong, or if what I say is confusing, please let me know. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment